Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday Stash Report, Week 8

20 lbs of fabric are winging their way to New Brunswick this week!


Unfortunately, I can't count it out because I was the recipient of a garbage bag full of scraps ;o). My quilting friend, Kim, has decided she doesn't like scrappy quilts, so she has gifted my daughter and I all her leftovers. My daughter got first pick at it to build her stash, and the rest came to me. Some went in the box above and the rest in my scrap basket to be cut down a la the Scrap Users System. 

I made sure that I put enough yardage from my stash in the box to offset the addition. I tried to put mostly good size pieces of what I had already used in my scrappy quilts. I'm not counting any of the fabric in or out, since it all happened in the same week.

A fellow quilter and ex-military wife has recently gone through some hard times, so I'm sending her a care package of cottons and other fabrics. I hope she can make good use of it.  Did you know a metre of cotton fabric weighs about 3-4 oz, so 20 lbs is about 70 metres! (at an average of 3.5oz for each metre)  Sure would make my numbers look impressive, but I feel like I'm cheating. Glad it will go to good use. 


Added this week: 0 metres
Added this year: 19.8metres
Used this week: 16 metres
Used this year: 17 metres
Added/Used this year: 2.8 metres

Linking up to Judy's Stash Report

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!