Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 - A Fresh Start

Last year was hit and miss in both the blogging department and the quilting/sewing/crafting department. I do so much better when I blog regularly, as then I have to do something in order to blog about it.  I'm committing to joining the following blog reports, etc. so I have a schedule to follow!

1. For the fourth or fifth year, I'm joining Judy Laquidera's Patchwork Times Sunday Stash Report.  Today, being a Sunday is a great start - nothing in, nothing out so the numbers are easy:

Added this week: 0.00 metres
Added this year: 0.00 metres
Used this week: 0.00 metres
Used this year: 0.00 metres
Added/Used this year: 0.00 metres

My goal is stay in the blue this year. It should be easier because my favourite on-line discount shop has shut down.

Judy's blog has turned to more about knitting and recipes, but her Sunday Stash Report has quite a few quilters that link up, and I have found some great blogs to follow through it.

2. New this year, I'm following Elaine Theriault's Crazy Quilter on a Bike Motivational Mondays in order to put some order in my life!  Motivational Mondays is actually a Facebook group, but her blog is filled with some great tips and ideas.  The first step was to identify your Dirty Dozen, or 12 UFOs that you feel you must complete this year.  I have identified the following:

Epic Halloween Quilt
Mom's Christmas Quilt
Splendid Sampler
Vignette
Farmer's Wife
Gramma's Dresden
30's Hexies
Snowman Reunion
Grand Illusion
Vintage Valentine
Sunkissed Snail Trail
Sunkissed Birdie Stitches
Bonus - Santa Advent Calendar

This isn't cast in stone, as I haven't gone through all my UFOs yet, these were only the ones within view.  I know I will substitute at least one, and I will also create more Dirty Dozen lists for future use.

I'm probably also going to create a smaller list of scrapbooking projects I want to complete this year, as I have fallen behind on those as well. Two I know I "have" to finish are my Trip to Italy and 6 Heritage Albums for my daughters and nieces.

3. Just like Barbara Stanbro of Cat Patches, I want to also set monthly goals so I don't lose sight of the small projects and tasks that need to get done as well. And when I say need, that is only for my satisfaction - I like accomplishments!

4. I'm also going to report regularly on Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday report, although I tend to do most of my slow stitching on weekday evenings. Several of the UFOs on my Dirty Dozen list involve embroidery or hand-stitching, plus there will be bindings as I complete them!  Kathy's a fellow Canadian and a lot of the quilters linking to her report are as well, so it's always fun to check out their blogs.

5. Last but not least, I am going to do a weekly weigh-in. With my recent knee injury, it has really driven home the point that I need to lose weight.  I'm only going to report my loss or gain, no need to put up the starting figure!

Now I have to think about what my Word of the Year will be, but "commit" just jumped in my mind, so I'm going to mull it over!

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish much health, happiness and peace to all of you this year and for many more!




4 comments:

  1. Oooh! I like the idea of the stash reports every week instead of once a month. I think I'd be more inclined to keep up with it that way. :) Good luck in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan for the year - wishing you great success in all of the goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious, which online discount store closed? Great goals - we share quite a few. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a facebook group, Ozark Fabrics. I'm really going to miss it because she would accumulate my purchases and ship them all at once to save on shipping costs.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!