Nothing in or out this week, but I've finally been playing in my sewing room.
Added: 0 metres
Added Year to Date: 26.35 metres
Used/Given away: 0 metres
Used/Given away Year to Date: -23.0
Added for 2015: 3.35
I finally finished Step 1 of Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Mystery Quilt, Grand Illusion, all 100 units. (This is no longer available, but should appear in her next book.)
I got all of Step Two cut now, filling a mini-basket at my fingertips and I've started sewing, using these as leaders & enders. This step will create 200 bonus HST that will finish at 1 1/2". Those could make a cute mini-quilt.
I pulled out my Birdie Stitches again, and I'm working on finishing the borders on the blocks.
(Another old picture, March block before I finished embroidering it)
I keep a series of baskets by my sewing machine filled with stages of various projects to use as leaders and enders. This one has been sitting there far too long, and I want the basket for something else, so time to get 'er done!
I also worked on the Super Mario quilt, up to the point where I realized I didn't have the right orange for the Fire Flower, and I needed to cut more squares. At least 3 blocks of six are finished now and the fourth one is half-way done! These blocks are huge at 27" each.
Last but not least, I made this cute little mini 9-patches:
The smallest scraps I keep are 1" squares and strips. The bowl I keep them in was starting to get too full, so I made these 9-patches that finish at just 1 1/2" (unfinished 2").
I may try Sue Garman's Omigosh quilt someday, so 30 are a start - only about 850 more to go!