Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Yesterday's 15 minutes

I did my mandatory (to me) 15 minutes in the sewing room again yesterday, and it turned into 2 hours.  I grabbed the first thing I saw, and finished up this future cushion cover flimsy:

 
The block started out as "Idaho Square Dance" from Quiltmaker's Addicted to Scraps column (a Bonnie Hunter column) and it just grew to use up the 1/2 pack of a charm pack I received from the quilt guild I belong to. Unfortunately, I don't have any left (unless you count about 5 1" squares in the Omigosh quilt bin), so I'll have to figure out something for the backing.
 
I'm going to quilt it with "organic" straight lines (fancy way of saying I'm not stressing if they aren't straight and evenly-spaced), then I'll finish it up and put it away for a Christmas present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!