Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday Stash Report, Week 31

I went into the sewing room today for 15 minutes and spent over 4 hours in there! Besides doing some cleaning and organizing, I finished a dress for baby Mya:

 
I made it a little shorter, because she is finally crawling!  She's almost 10 months now.
 
 
I added a vintage button from my mom's collection to disguise the fact that I didn't have the neckline even at the back!
 
And although I didn't a picture, my grandson just "had" to have stuffed starfish for his upcoming vacation, so I made two of them (one for my older granddaughter as well) so they could have hugs from Gramma at the cabin!  (Both families are going)
 
So, 1 1/2 metres out!  But....
 
this week's the hens came home to roost.
 
 
 
 
My package arrived from Ozark Fabrics.  The best thing about ordering from Tonya is that she will wait until you have a full envelope or box, and then ship it!  That means I can buy what tickles my fancy, but not pay shipping for every item.  It is a closed group on Facebook, but I highly recommend it for quality fabrics, great prices and a unique shipping method.
 
The bottom fabric is 7 yards of "Color Me" fabric - to make pillowcases for all the boys this Christmas. There was actually enough to make 9, and I only need 7 so I gave enough for 2 to my friend and co-worker. I still have 4 yard of "girl" fabric coming - it was on backorder.
 
The quatrefoil fabrics are for Christmas projects as well.  Good thing I got them now, because I got a layoff notice and I'll be looking for work to start in September.
 

 
I also got these various 1/2 yd and fat quarter pieces, plus my co-worker gave me the Scrabble board fabric!  More Christmas present sewing in my future!
 
So the totals are:
 
Added: 15.75 metres
 
Added Year to Date: 19.75 metres 
 
Used/Given away: 3.0 metres
 
Used/Given away Year to Date: -21.0
 
Added for 2015: -1.25

I'm still in the negative, but barely.  I better start kicking out some more finishes!  I have a ton of quilting to do, and hope to tackle some of those tops this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!