Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Stash Report, Week 28 - Feeling Better

 
At the end of what seemed to be a very long week, I was finally feeling well enough to tackle some sewing.  Not sure what kind of bug I had, but I sure felt lousy. 
 
I've been plugging away some embroidered blocks for two quilts, so no finishes there, but last night and today I started AND finished another I-Spy quilt flimsy!
 
 
Not the best picture for colour, because the sun is shining hot and bright - we have been over 30C (+85F) for the last 4 days, with no end in sight.  That is so unusual for us on the West Coast. Our weather is typically cooler (similar to Seattle's).
 
Added this Week: 0 metres
 
 Added Year to Date: 64.1 metres 
 
Destashed this Week: 1.5 metres

 Destashed year to Date: 25.5 metres
 Added for 2014: 38.6 metres
 
Total spent  YTD $294.20 = $4.59/metre
 
 
These are my favourite quilts to make for toddlers and pre-schoolers.  This one is for my youngest grand-nephew, Brayden.  I have fun picking through my stash and scraps for 5" blocks that suit their personalities and interests, and fun things to look for!
 
 
I like to include a block that features the first initial of their name - love this B!
 
Next up, I have to get the Super Mario quilt done, plus I want to get Celtic Solstice out of the way so I can start on some baby girls quilts.  My other niece has just announced she is having a girl about a month after my daughter!  (My sister is so excited - after 4 grandsons, she's finally getting a baby girl to spoil!)


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are better! Great I Spy quilt. Those are fun to make. How exciting more babies on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!