Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week 46 - and are you lucky number 1?


The push is on to get Christmas sewing finished.  It sure is nice to see some numbers in the USED column:
 
Added since my last report: 0.5 metres

Added Year-to-Date: 200.5 metres
 
Used since last report: 12 metres
 
Used Year-to-Date: 81.5 metres

 Net used/Added for 2013: 119 metres
 
I got the backing pieced and pressed for Easy Street:
 
 
I got the backing at IKEA for just $3/m and because it was 60" wide, I only needed 6 metres and spent just $18.
 
 
(from IKEA website)
 
All packed and ready to go.
 
 
It was dropped off for quilting and will be ready the first weekend in December.
 
I also got five of the six pillowcases I need for Christmas finished  for another 5 metres out! Here is my favourite, destined for my granddaughter, Zoey. 
 
 
I only make these once a year, and last year had tried the "burrito" method of making them, but couldn't remember where I found the tutorial I used.  I found a couple that were close, so I mashed them together and made my pillowcases.  I had no idea how many different ways there are to make a pillowcase.
 
Now I have to take the time to thank my fellow bloggers and hats off to all of you that take the time to provide tutorials!  I decided to make a tutorial for myself so I don't have to hunt next year, and although I can whip together a pillowcase in less than 30 minutes start to finish, it took me 1 1/2 hours to sew one while I was taking the pictures.  AND that was having the fabric already cut and pressed...and I still haven't written the tutorial.  YOU GUYS ROCK!
 
I also did a bit of sewing for me.  My regular readers know I'm big fan of Bonnie Hunter and her leaders and enders method of sewing.  Often, I will put together a small project while I'm sewing another.  I made two projects in the last couple of weeks while I was working on my Christmas sewing:
 
 
 
I didn't have a stiff fusible batting or interfacing, so mine's a little floppy but that is okay, once it was filled
 
 
with my collection of charm packs
 
 
it stands up quite fine!  Here it is in its new home:
 
 
Good for another half metre out.
 
Last but not least, I designed and finished a daybook cover, complete with credit card slots and a zippered pouch.  This was for a challenge put out by the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild, which I've recently joined.  I've counted half a metre out for this one, even though there are a total of five different fat quarters used - the leftovers will show up in another project!
 
 
I'll do another post on it this week. 
 
And Debbie never claimed her prize from my giveaway last stash report, so I drew a new number:
 
 
Glenda in Florida!  I've sent you an email for your snail mail address.  Thanks for playing!
 
Hope you all had a productive weekend. For more stash reports, be sure to visit Patchwork Times.
 
Thanks for visiting,
 
Terri in BC
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your grand daughter will love her pillowcase. It's very cool! And your berry basket is a really cute way to store your charm packs. And speaking of guilds, I'm going to check out a new one here in Windsor ON on Friday night called the Windsor Modern Quilt Guild. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!