Saturday, August 17, 2013

Well, Hello! (maybe I should have titled this "True Confessions")

Did you see my new button to the right?
 
That's right, I'm participating in a Blog Hop "Be a Hexie Queen" hosted by Debby Kratovil of Debby Kratovil Quilts and http://www.sewwequilt.com//
 
And if I can get my act together, I might even have a little tutorial for my project.  Be sure to come back and visit me on Tuesday, August 20th!
 
In the meantime, I am finally seeing light at the end of the "overtime" tunnel!
 
This is what two months of working 5-10 hours of overtime did to my sewing room:
 
 
And that's only what you see from the doorway!  For the full picture, here's a little tour (brace yourself)!
 
This is from the corner where the TV is:

 
Now, stepping over the piles to the corner above, is my actual sewing corner:
 
 
I have been actually sewing.  In the three pictures above, there are about half a dozen projects at various stages plus I finished my project for the "Be a Hexie Queen" and a couple of other little things I haven't shared yet.
 
Today, I made a little headway into sanity.  I made mini-bolts of any yardage over 3/4 yard!  Don't they look pretty!

 
 
Now, I will only be doing about 1-3 hours of overtime each weekend, and that will only be for the next few weeks!  I plan on being in here for 15 minutes every day making some headway on the mess (but it's a creative mess, right ;o)
 
But for tonight, I'm packing up my Featherweight and heading to a friend's for a sewing night!
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Have fun sewing. And not even having the excuse of working overtime, my sewing room can look like yours. So don't feel bad, you'll get it back in shape soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!