Friday, July 26, 2013

Star Surround Quilt-Along

 
I've started another project!  Just a pillow cover, so that I can join another of Melissa Corry's Quilt-alongs.  This is the fourth one I've done and always loved the end results.  This is another large star and just 9 make a good-size lap quilt. 
 
 
Picture from Melissa's blog - Happy Quilting
 
I talked my best friend, Kim, into making one too.  Tonight I am at her house and before we started sewing on our individual projects, we cut out our blocks for the quilt-along.
 
Here is Kim's selection:  pink stars and purple for the surround, on a white background.  I'm linking for her because she doesn't have her own blog.
 
 
And mine, similar to one of Melissa's colour choices:
 
 
I probably could use a bit more contrast, but I have a plan!
 
We also cheated and figured that instead of cutting 2 7/8" blocks, they will probably be used to make half-square triangles, so we used the Easy Angle to cut triangles from 2 1/2" strips.  If we're wrong, oh well, white triangles will never go to waste!
 
Linking to the Quilt-along Cutting Instructions - have a great night!


 
 


3 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics! Once I finish cutting my background I will have to do a post, just couldn't resist this QAL. I'm gong to make a couple of pillow tops, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was pretty smart. I already marked my 2 7/8 squares in preparation for half square triangles. Both your fabric selections are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job cutting out. The 2 7/8" are actually for the no waste flying geese, the 3" squares are for the Half Square Triangles ;) But like you said, you can always use white triangles :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!