Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week 12

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I did a stash report!  It's a day late, but I don't want to put it off again. Getting called back to work with no notice, and working full-time instead of four days really threw me for a loop. This weekend it all started to come together and I feel like I'm back to a normal routine.  Sewing has been sporadic and I've made some headway on some projects but no finishes yet.  Hopefully I'll churn out something this week.

Used since last report: 0 metres
Used Year-to-Date: 9 metres
Added this week: 19.25 metres
Added Year-to-Date: 54.5 metres
Net used/Added for 2013: 45.5 metres

 
 
This week I received a fun parcel from Ozark Fabrics (and other fun stuff).  There was a super clearance sale and I couldn't resist $3.50/yd, so I added some some fun stuff (21 yds - yikes!) to my stash!  I justified it that my birthday is coming up, and I've done better than this time last year.

 
 It's a wild mix which included enough for cute boy's quilt, some Christmas pillowcases, library bags for the kidlets, and some Daisy Cottage by Lori Holt (Bee in a Bonnet) that I've coveting.

 
 
A little more about Ozark Fabrics: Owned by Tonya Owens, she currently operates as a Facebook group but is about to open a Web Store; she does this to support her family because her husband is extremely ill. Her personal blog is Hillbilly Handworks and you can join her group on Facebook by clicking on the link above.  Give her a try!
 
On another note, I love reading everybody's blogs - I learn so much.  I discovered this little tip from Bonnie Hunter to protect my little Featherweight machine:
 
 
A cute little crocheted flower keeps any size thread spool from scratching the surface.  And I didn't even have to make this one, thanks to my overflowing craft bins.  I think I'm going to try and figure out the pattern and make one for my sewing buddy!
 
 
And finally, with my limited sewing time, my room looks like a tornado hit it!  Thank goodness for a 4-day weekend coming up - I might get a chance to clean up!
 
 
 
Have a great week,
Terri in BC
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!