Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Stash Report, Week #7

Finally, some finishes:
 
 
Pattern:  Melissa Corry's Happy Quilting  - Her first Quilt-along done in Pure by Sweetwater (scroll to the bottom of the page).
 
I'm counting in the binding as well, because it WILL be done by tonight!  I'm trying something new.  I'm going to do a wider binding in the same Minkee as the back (chocolate brown). It should finish at 1" wide if it works.  Flimsy already counted, used this week - 2 metres of 60" wide Minkee for backing and binding (that should count for 3 ;o).
 
 
Quilted simply with in-the ditch lines on all the main straight lines, and a double 1/4" away from the seam on the diagonally, using brown on the printed edges and neutral on the natural (Bella Solid).
 
 
Another project from Melisa Corry, her latest Quilt-along, Starburst (use the same link above).  I opted to make just one block and make a pillow.  This is going to be a large one - the centre finishes at 24" and I'm putting a 2" flange around it!  Hopefully, it will be done next week.
Made with Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater, and Bella Solids Blue Raspberry and Feather.
Total used - 1 metre
 
 
And last but not least - another quilt-along - The Triple Zip-along!  Check my last post for more information and links - I upsized this one so my total fabric used was 3/4 metre.
 
Used since last report: 3.75 metres
Used Year to Date: 9 metres
Added this week: 1.5 metres
Added Year to Date: 26.5 metres
Net Used/Added for 2013: 17.5 metres
 
Because of the Triple Zip-along, I was forced to add 1.5 metres of fabric!  I found the cutest gingham with white daisies over top to make a sundress for my granddaughter.
 
And the Added column doesn't tell the true story - I have 22 yards coming from Hillbilly Handworks Facebook store Ozark Fabrics.  At $3.50 a yard, it was a great way to add to my stash.  Other than some Skelanimals for a quilt for my niece, I'm going to share the wealth with a friend and use them for some future I Spy and Bonnie Hunter scrap quilts.  I ain't counting it til it gets here though - hopefully I can bang out a big finish with my gigantic Easy Street (only 20 A blocks to go).
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt - and love that block. I will have to make that pattern some day. I only got 6 yards from the $3.50 sale as I trying SO hard to have a little will power - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue and brown quilt -- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!