Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Stash Report Week #1-2013

It's a new year, a fresh start and I am doing the Sunday Stash Report again this year.  It really helped me to be more mindful about my purchases, and gave me the incentive to get things done! I highly recommend it to anyone who overspends on fabric, accumulates Un-Finished Objects (projects not done - UFOs) or just needs some accountability, like me! I guess that might be a good reason to have a partner in life, when you've been single as long as I have, you can develop some bad habits when there's nobody around to catch you when you fall of the wagon!
I ended 2012 just slightly in the read - only 5.85 metres added to the stash (approx. 6.4 yds).  My goal this year is to decrease the stash by 25 metres or more.
I'm off to a good start - NOT!  The two places where I shop regularly both had New Year's sales, and this is when I stock up on batting, notions and thread, and any fabric that I need for upcoming projects.



Added this week: 18.25 metres
Added Year to Date: 18.25 metres
Used since last report: .25 metres
Used Year to Date: .5 metres
Net Used/Added for 2013: 17.75 metres
On a positive note,  all of the fabric is for existing or planned projects that have a deadline of being finished this year, so hopefully it will all be counted out.  My grandson also helped pick out some of the fabrics for some I-spy quilts that he is going to help make, so he can be blamed for 2 metres of it! We made a little book of 5" squares for him to take home (so he didn't take home all the fat 1/8's I bought!).  He was so proud of his selections, but of course I forgot to take a picture before putting away those fabrics!

These flannels are for Christmas pyjamas at the end of this year - talk about planning ahead!


Some Michael Miller (I already have the coordinating Owl print) for a Christmas quilt, and fabric for 2 of the 6 pillowcases I make every Christmas.


The only piece of fabric I bought was this brown and cream print - its bolls of cotton!  It would be perfect if I decide to make Bonnie Hunter's Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll! Now hopefully, I can stay out of the stores for a few months.

I do have one finish, sort of.  I've taken a break from finishing the binding on this table runner tonight for my daughter, Sarah. It's also one of my UFOs for January, so I am happy to have a finish in the first week of the year!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!