Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Stash Report, Week 37

It's also UFO Sunday today, and in order to finish off some of those old projects, it meant I had to make a little trip to JOann.  Actually, my daughter and I went because it was this little guy's birthday, and I wanted to take him to Build-A-Bear. We had wanted to go on his actual day, but the poor kid has had an ear infection and then was sick on his birthday, so we had to delay the trip until Friday.


I can't believe that I, a dedicated scrapbooker and a Creative Memories Consultant forgot to take pictures of him building his bear! We originally went to Bellingham, but they had closed the store so we had to drive all the way to Lynwood (about 20 miles north of Seattle) to find another one.  We should have stuck closer to home as there is one about an hour away near Vancouver, but Bellingham is actually closer to my home and there is the fun of finding different stuff in the States.

Alex is now 4 years old, weighs 49.5 lbs. and is 43" tall.  He is the size of an average 6-year-old, and has the verbal skills as well.  He is starting to recognize words and has about 2 dozen that he can readily pick out and read in the right context (he loves finding words he knows in signs when we are driving).  And he loves his gramma best of all!

Of course, with a busy birthday week there wasn't much sewing going on.  I did putz around on some UFOs, and analyzed what needs to be done next.  Hence, the little trip in Joann.

Used this Week:  0 metres
Used year to Date: 81.25 metres
Added this Week: 10.5 metres
Added Year to Date: 88.5 metres
Net Used for 2012: -8.0 metres


I picked up some Kona solids to finish off my Tetris quilt, and trim for pillowcases I make every Christmas for the grandkids, grandnephews and a very close friend's grandchild.


I couldn't resist this little bundle of Denise Schmidt's fabrics.  It was actually one yard, with 4 printed fat quarters.  It's a great idea, but the fat quarters end up being a little short at 17" instead of 18" (the width is fine at 22").


I also renewed my Fabricland membership, which came with a 50% off coupon for up to 5 metres of any fabric.  I was able to get my favourite Cuddle/Minkee backing for only $9.75 metre!  Now If I could just get in the quilting mood!

Thanks for visiting!  

Terri


2 comments:

  1. Alex is a cutie, build a bear is a fun place to take a younger child - it's magical. Love the bright Kona fabrics you bought. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson is really cute. I was thinking he must be big for his age when you mentioned his measurements, because he's bigger than my five-year-old! As an aside, you meant the Joanns was closed for the day, not forever, right? Because I might be sad otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!