Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Stash Report, Week 31

Yay, I have some big numbers to report this week (partly due to no stash report last week)! 

Used this Week:  8.75 metres
Used year to Date: 69.5 metres
Added this Week: 6.75 metres
Added Year to Date: 55.9 metres
Net Used for 2012: 13.4 metres

I finished two, count them, two quilts this week for my brother and his wife. 


The first one is the "boy" version for my brother - the colours aren't quite true, it was still early in the morning when I took this picture pre-pinning.  I've quilted it in a simple cross-hatch.


This is the "girl" version for my sweet sister-in-law.  Angled straight lines finish it off.  Both were pre-made panels that I bought on clearance about 4-5 years ago, and are from Moda's Chocolat line.  The top one is wovens and the bottom one is a mixture of wovens, regular fabrics and even a few jacquards.  Of course, I forgot to take a final picture so I'll post them next week.

And there was this pair of pj pants that Alex helped me make for him!



And my wonky Union Jack got finished into a pillow. 


I used the trimmings to piece a back.  Originally I was going to use a grey zipper but at the last minute I changed my mind and used red - so glad I did. 


I recycled a down pillow by giving it a new ticking and voila!  A beautiful pillow for just $5 and 1 metre out of the stash (including the ticking).

And last but not least, I finished my secret project for the Bowls with Borders Blog Hop except for the binding (my post is due on August 16th)!



Of course, once you use up some stash it's a good excuse to go shopping!



A close-out sale of a quilt shop in the next town (so sad to see another one go) and a sale on a Mary Englebrecht checkerboard that I may use for sashing for my Farmer's Wife.  Another 6.75 metres added to the stash - at least I'm still ahead by 2 metres on the two-week total.

2 comments:

  1. I love your union jack pillow! That red zipper totally makes the back. BTW, can you email me the name of the shop that's closing? I'm going to be in the area soon for a wedding, and if it's not quite closed yet I'd like to check it out.

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it turned up pretty cute! Thanks for visiting, I've sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!