Monday, June 18, 2012

What's on my design wall - June 18, 2012

I need to spend more time in my sewing room, and less time on the couch, so I'm joining Judy Laquidera's Monday design wall posts in the hopes that I will get something done over the summer.


On the left is my Thangles 3 project, which has been a leaders & enders project, but now is moving to the front of the line.  There will be a total of 24 blocks with 2" wide sashing.  I call it Thangles 3 because I have a total of 3 Thangles Block-of-the-month projects that I've done religiously for about the first 3 months, then put aside.  1 & 2 still have to be done!

On the right are the blocks I've done so far on my Just Takes 2 quilt.  I randomly do the blocks depending on my mood, sometimes I want more of a challenge, and sometimes I just want fast.  I'm not sure how many of the blocks I'll actually do, as I'm not married to the design layout that has been presented for the first quarter.  As long as I'm enjoying making blocks, I'll continue - once I get tired of it, I'll start playing with my own layout.

I had first started my Just Takes 2 quilt in aqua and white, but the overall effect was kind of blah (lack of contrast).  I had made the first six blocks in aqua so tonight I put them together and started quilting a pillow for my sofa.



But after a full day of work, a meeting with a client this evening and an hour in my sewing room, I know when it's time to quit and go to bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!