Friday, June 29, 2012

What's a girl to do?

It's Friday, the beginning of a long weekend, it's payday - and the boss closed up shop 2 hours early!  This girl went shopping!


I went to two quilt shops looking for a black and white checkerboard-style print.

Two quilt shops later, I came home with this eclectic collection.
  • Decreasing polka-dots and multi-coloured plaid to audition as sashings for my Farmer's Wife quilt;
  • Navy with heart-shaped stripes as sashing for my Building Houses from Scraps wall-hanging;
  • A batik to add to my collection; some will be used in my Bali Wedding Ring quilt;
  • 2 London fat quarters to make a Union Jack pillow in honour of the Olympics;
  • Pink butterflies to cut 1 - 5" charm to use in an I-Spy quilt for Zoey;
  • The rest of the butterflies, the aqua scribble and the Word Play words to stash.
Is it any wonder I don't seem to get anything done around the house?

I had to make a promise to myself that I have to do some housework before I enter the sewing room, and each time I leave it.  The reward will be working with this fabric.  Does anybody else do this?

Now I'm off to clean my kitchen before I head to the sewing room!

1 comment:

  1. I do that all the time. Just like when I was a kid, have to clean my room before I could go out and play. LOL But whatever it takes, right? Have fun with your new fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!