Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Stash Report Week 19

Just when I thought things were going to slow down, things heated up again!  But it's been a good week - we finally got the new software at work doing what we want it to do, I've gotten a handle on the paperwork at home, my 2-day scrapbooking crop was successful and I only have 6 sleeps until my big trip to Italy!

Not much sewing this week, only 3 more Red and White blocks:

I thought I didn't add any fabric this week, but when I was tidying up my sewing room, I came across this kit I bought my birthday weekend and forgot all about.

It's called Word Play Made Easy and makes a 48" x 54" quilt, just perfect for a wallhanging or the kidlets.



I may make it a bit larger with some fat quarters I have on hand from the same line:



So, no finishes this week but I have to add some.  When I get back from my trip, I see some power sewing in my future - I want to stay out the red!
Used this Week:  0 metres
Used year to Date: 45 metres
Added this Week: 2.5 metres
Added Year to Date: 43.9 metres
Net Used for 2012: 1.1 metres
I doubt I'll have any time for sewing this week, but I'm going to post about my trip here so it will make it easier to scrapbook when I get home.  I've only been to Europe once before, Scotland specifically, so I'm looking forward to soaking up some history and sun!
I've starting packing:

I'm taking 1/2 as many clothes and twice as much money ;o)

But I'm already dreading leaving these sweeties!


Zoey - almost 11 months - pic taken today



And Alex, 3 1/2 - he is growing so fast.  Here he is playing soccer with his 5-year-old-today second cousin and other 5's today at the birthday party!



He is going to be a tall boy, and is already very coordinated for his age. He was kicking that ball over the heads of the others with no trouble!  And fast too, he could outrun them all!

To see how others are doing managing their stash, check out the links at Judy Laquidara's blog at http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/05/06/stash-report-week-19-2012/


1 comment:

  1. Wow, a trip to Italy! Have fun! (Love OBMQ on your bed.) Both of your grandchildren are darling. Can't believe Zoey is already 11 months. And Alex is a very talented athlete.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!