Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's on my design wall!

A sweet bunny quilt for a sweet baby granddaughter, due to arrive about June 1st!  This quilt has moved from the UFO pile to the WIP pile.


(My apologies for the crappy picture - I do live on the "Wet" coast after all, and winter weather means rain and clouds.)

The pattern is called Cherished Memories from Rabbit's Haven by A. Neely,  a (somewhat) local designer from Vancouver Island.  I purchased it as a kit from my favourite quilt shop, Hamels, when I started back at quilting (for the third or fourth time) about 5 years ago. 


When I pulled it out about 2 weeks ago, I had only stitched 2 1/2 blocks before putting it away.  Since then, I have completed a total of 9 blocks, with only 3 to go.  I think I might finish this on time ;o)

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful quilt that will be treasured. I too have far too many UFO 's, but I am working on completing two. I have promised myself that I will only purchase fabric to complete a project this year. So far, I have stuck to that, but I do like your idea of a new challenge on completion of a UFO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you ask a question, I will reply here!